We will only know this with hindsight, but the timing feels right.
- First and foremost, we firmly believe there is white space in the Channel Islands for a boutique asset manager. We acknowledge up front that we will not be for everyone, but feel strongly that our breadth of expertise and TEAM investment product range positions us very attractively in the marketplace.
- Second, our high conviction, active approach to allocating capital and managing risk, whether applied through our multi-asset strategy, fixed income funds, international equity portfolio or bespoke service offering, continues to deliver excellent risk-adjusted returns. The style drift that typically arises when manager’s ‘chase’ performance does not emanate at TEAM, and we will work hard to ensure this remains the case through adherence to our disciplined investment process. As the business continues to attract new talent, we have confidence the aggregate level of business performance can be sustained over the long-term.
- Third, we believe passionately that investing should be accessible to everyone. TEAM’s product range has been designed to accommodate investors large and small. Our goal is to deliver transparent, cost-effective access to our core capabilities and the opportunity for younger generations to invest, with confidence, in their future.
- Fourth, and interlinked, is education. We believe the twin disciplines of investing and money management should be a fundamental building block within the global higher education curriculum. Our own TEAM website contains an ‘education’ portal, a place of learning and engagement with clients, where our investment team seeks to distil core concepts, unpack jargon and provide thought leadership pieces through a variety of communication tools.
- Finally, we only exist on the basis of our clients, existing and new. One of our core business objectives is to provide industry-leading client service, and we are investing significantly in the digital space to transform the way clients enjoy the TEAM Asset Management experience.
What Team is...
- An independently owned investment management boutique.
- Passionate about the role, and value, of active investment management
- Building an industry-leading business built on the 4 P's: people, product, process and performance.
- Mobile. Able to make swift, collective decisions without compromising the integrity of the investment process.
- Responsible, and accountable, for all investment decisions made.
- Clear about our core competencies: multi-asset, fixed income and equity investments in a global context.
- High conviction, as reflected in the composition of our investment solutions.
- Suitable for those with a time horizon of 10 years or more.
What Team is not...
- A large corporate, subsidiary, or representative office.
- Interested in replicating existing backward-looking benchmarks.
- Driven by a fixation on AUM growth.
- Burdened by excessive and cumbersome structures that ultimately impinge client outcomes.
- An implementation office, with no direct responsibility for outcomes.
- Willing to stray outside our circle of competence.
- Seekers of shelter behind index performance, performance chasers.
- For everyone, given our long term focus, and comfort with being different.